Kindergarten – 6th Grade
Mid-week Music & Ministry
Make A Joyful Noise to the Lord! Psalm 100:1
Orientation & Registration:
Sunday, August 26, 11:15 am, Fairmount Chapel
Program Begins Thursday, September 13, 2012! 5:15 – 6:45 pm,
at Fairmount Church!
All Kindergarten – Sixth grade children are invited to participate in M&Ms. Fairmount’s graded choir, handbells/handchimes, Orff Instruments and Worship Arts education ministry on Thursday afternoons, 5:15-6:45 pm, dinner included.
Fee: $50 per child donation per year to offset dinner costs.
Will be provided each week by rotating parent chefs and table leaders! Children will share meals together in their choir groups.
K-2nd grade - Angel Choir & Orff Instruments, led by Barbara Lang.
3rd-6th grade - Junior Choir & Handbells, led by Bob Moncrief, Minister of Music.
Led by Betsy Wooster, Director of Children and Family Ministries. Each week will include a worship arts segment for children together in their choir groups.
M&Ms has three primary goals:
- To cultivate religious musical experiences which motivate children to discover their musical and artistic gifts
- To support children to become worshiping, singing adults
- To expand children’s understanding of the language of faith through worship arts that include drama, vocal reading, the visual arts, poetry and dance.
Music is integral to the human experience of God. Music and the arts are God’s gifts to us to be used for the enrichment of our lives and for the enhancement of our worship of God.
Why Your Child should join M&Ms:
- We teach them to sing. Children who can’t yet follow a melody CAN learn how if they come to rehearsal regularly. Those who already sing tunefully will learn vocal and music reading skills that will stay with them throughout their lives.
- We train them as worship leaders. Most who feel that their presence in choir is important to God, the church and their parents continue to center their lives in church, long after their beginning choir experience is over. We are building the church choirs of tomorrow.
- We augment their Christian education. Scripture, praise and prayer that are sung remain for years.
- We offer children a way to serve within the body of Christ. They learn first hand about serving God with their time and talent.
- We build their confidence. Children who become used to singing in front of hundreds of worshipers lose their shyness and develop poise that transfers into all areas of life.
Our M&Ms Leaders’ Covenant:
As church musicians and educators, we take seriously the task of nurturing children in the Christian Faith and the expression of that faith through the medium of music and the arts. We strive to engage children in active and imaginative lives of faith.
For more information about M&Ms, contact:
Betsy Wooster, Director of Children’s and Family Ministries
Bob Moncrief, Minister of Music
Barbara Lang, Angel Choir Director