Fairmount is committed to maintaining a safe environment in which children and youth are nurtured and instructed in the faith, and protected from abuse and neglect. Our Child Protection Policy has, as its goals, to protect children and youth in church programs, and to educate worker and care givers concerning abuse issues.
Child Protection Policy
Volunteer Application Form
Nursery Volunteer Guidelines
For more information about Children's and Family Ministries, contact Betsy Wooster and/or Eric Dillenbeck.
Feed My Sheep
Mission Outreach and Service
Mission outreach that young children and families can participate in together is a priority at Fairmount. We offer service opportunities throughout the year, both during Church School and outside of our church doors.
- Raise Money For Heifer International: Throughout the year, church school offering will go towards purchasing animals and training for children and families around the world so that they can become self-reliant. (All ages)
- Make A Casserole: Sunday, October 23 - Sunday, October 30, 2011. Make a casserole at home with tins and recipes that will be available after 11am service on Oct. 23, 2011. Return to church freezer by Oct. 30. Casseroles will be given to members in need or members with new babies. (All ages)
- Make Dessert: Saturday, November 5, 2011. Make dessert together at Fairmount to bring to North Church. Time TBD. (All ages)
- Serve A Meal: Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 9am. Leave from Fairmount, worship and serve a meal at North Church. (Families with first graders and up)
- Heifer Gift Market: Sunday, December 4, 9:30 am-12:45 pm. Help sell animal
- Make Sandwiches: Monthly, January – May. Children in 1st - 6th grade will assemble sandwiches during church school to be delivered to local soup kitchens. (1st - 6th grade children)
- Walk For Hunger: Saturday, May 12, 2012. Join our team to raise money and awareness for fighting hunger. (All ages)